Friday, July 15, 2005

Searching for a laptop

For the last week, I have wasted about 1 hour a day researching for a laptop. I am going to get an IBM/Lenovo that's for sure. The feel and customer service is second to none. And they have a trackpt which is WAY better than the touchpad (I hate the touchpad).
So after days and days of research, I am down to the following:
1) T43 (266876U), 14.1" 1400x1050, 2Ghz, 512 MB, 80 GB, CDRW/DVD-ROM, 5 lbs
2) X41 Tablet, 12.1" 1024x768, 1.5Ghz, 256 MB, 40 GB, no drive, 3.6 lbs
3) X41 12.1" 1024x768, the rest, I'm not really sure. Probably at least 40-60GB drive and weighing in at less than 4 lbs.

Reasons for 1. It's all inclusive. Has a little of everything and yet still, not too heavy
2) It's a tablet. That's just cool. And it's less than 4 lbs
3) Super portable. Same footprint as a sheet of paper. Barely above 3 lbs.

So no good decision yet, and I may waste some more hours.

However, I recently saw that the T43 is now only $1399 with EPP. The tablet is at least $1709, and the X41...the one I'd want would start at $1500.

Anyway, feel free to weigh in with what I should get. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

Oh yeah, humorous story. I went to Fry's last Wednesday in search of a tablet to play around on. They had 3-4 on display, but as luck would have it, none of them had a pen. First of all, what kind of use is displaying a tablet if you don't have a pen to write on it with? Anyway, as I was interrogating the Fry's employee, and asking what use was it to display them but not have a pen, he replied. "Well, we do have a 15 day money back guarantee, so if you don't like it, you can always return it." Heh, Wow. I didn't think that one of their sales pitches was to actively promote their return policy that so many people so love to abuse.

Went to Microcenter on Thursday, and guess what, no pen. Stupid

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home