Friday, July 08, 2005

Inauguration

A certain resident of Seattle/Michigan has instructed me to start a blog on my bargain hunting activities. This could be an interesting topic...or it could be quite horrific. We'll see.

Let's see...what have I been up to today in the ways of bargain hunting.
Well, I guess I should start from the top. My daily exercise...

Everyday, I'll hit the following sites up for frugal inspiration.

For gas prices:
San Jose Gas Prices, a GasBuddy.com site.

For all other deals, I'll hit:
Slick Deals and
Fatwallet where they have forums for:
Hot Deals
Free Stuff
Finance
Occasionally I'll hit up TechBargains if I'm focusing on some tech purchase.

Anyway, thus far today, I haven't seen anything along my tastes.
Amazon is having their weekly Friday sale, but actual good deals are few and far between.

I did just give my alter ego Magnus a try at some free sunglasses, but I think the 500 person limit may have been reached, and this site also seems decidedly female. Oh well, if I end up with the "bronzing powder", I know exactly whom to give it to *ahem*EYC*ahem*.

More on my alter ego at a later time.

3 Comments:

Blogger wallyts said...

Yeah! First post.
Can I take credit for introducting you to fatwallet?

also, how do you rank bensbargins among deal sites?

1:09 PM  
Blogger JD said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:17 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Posted a bad URL, let me try again...


Did you introduce me to fatwallet? You may very well have, but it was so long ago, (before the GameCube Walmart fiasco) that I have forgotten the true origins. If it was you, I'm not sure whether to thank you or go up to to the NW and beat you up for "wasting" all my time. heh.

As for ben's bargains, I tried using it about a year ago, and their interface was kinda blodgy. And the items they listed seemed to be all covered in either techbargains or slickdeals, so I passed on it. I do see references to BB occasionally so I would imagine that they sometimes get the early scoop on deals. And sometimes, the early scoop is what matters. So in summary, it hasn't caught my fancy yet. Neither did Anandtech which took forever to load.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home