Friday, July 08, 2005

Savings of the Day

If any of you are a Comcast High Speed Internet user (with cable tv), then you might want to try this out.

I called Comcast to see if I could lower my Comcast HSI rate, which was something like $45.99 or 42.99 or something per month. I got a customer rep on the line and basically did the following:
"Hi, I was wondering if there were any Comcast High Speed promotions? I saw that Yahoo DSL has a $14.99 offer"
"Yes we do. I had a $14.99 offer that just expired, but I do have a $19.99 one."
"Great, can I add that onto my service?"
"Sure" and then proceeded to get my account information.

She also tried to see if i wanted to upgrade to a Digital Cable promotion (since I accidentally mentioned cable TV first), but even though the digital cable deal wasn't too bad: 3 months at $39.99, and then back to $9.95 + Basic Cable cost (BC currently is about $45). I'll have to consider this a little more.

Anyway, end result, without very much hassle, I now have a $19.99 price for 6 months.

I tried this tactic about 3 weeks ago, but the guy at the time said he had no promotions for my account. My guess is either he was:
a) telling the truth
b) had no reason to give me a promotion and thus my mention of the $14.99 promotion this time around was key
c) had no power.

I've also done this in the past (calling up comcast to see if there are any promotions). It doesn't hurt, and takes all of 5 minutes to save a bundle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home