Friday, October 02, 2009

Et tu Jamba Juice?

I thought I wrote about this before, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway, it seems in these tough economic times, big companies are putting the squeeze on the consumer by varying their product sizes and playing with their pricing.

For example, Classico Sauces used to have 26oz jars. Now, they've downsized to 24oz jars, but to hide it, they've made the jars taller (and of course, skinnier). The pricing is the same.

Pringles used to have 5-6oz tubes. They've changed all their tubes to Super Stack, which is about 20% larger/taller...but they've increased their pricing by 50%

And now, we come to Jamba Juice.

I ordered a original size Peach Pleasure on Sunday. When I picked up my order, I knew something was amiss. My hand was telling me that the cup was not the right size. Upon further investigation, I found that the cup was a 22oz cup! After a quick correspondence with Jamba Juice it turns out that indeed, they have joined the size manipulation scheme! The original size has now been downsized from 24oz to 22oz. And the power size has dropped from 32oz to 30oz.

The anal person in me wonders how they can continue calling it the "original" size, since it is no longer the size of an original Jamba Juice offering.

Argh!

2 Comments:

Blogger pokey said...

not only that, but I've found more than once that my JJ cup wasn't fully filled up. Booo!

11:52 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Yes, that was also the case when I discovered the 22oz cup. That's what I saw first actually. I was going to let that slide but then when I felt the cup reduction, I sent an email to Jamba Juice and asked them "why?". And then also mentioned that they need to keep their cups full. (to which they apologized)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home